CBD oil has risen in popularity over the past couple of years with its increased availability across the UK.
But did you know CBD oil is not the only effective way to add CBD to your diet?
CBD comes in many forms.
With products ranging from edibles, oils, capsules, and vape liquids, there is an effective and convenient option for everyone.
The method of consumption you choose is largely down to personal preference but each method offers its own individual benefits too.
By educating yourself about the options available you can find a CBD product that meets your needs and your lifestyle.
In this article, we break down 5 effective ways to take CBD, so you can decide which is best for you.
What is CBD (Cannabidiol)?
First, a brief introduction to CBD and the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
CBD is the abbreviation for cannabidiol, one of the many cannabinoids, or chemical compounds, found in cannabis and hemp. While beneficial for wellbeing, CBD doesn’t have the psychoactive properties of its more famous cousin THC.
Even at high doses CBD will not get you high and it’s safe for all the family to use on a regular basis.
CBD is a wonder of health and wellness because of its powerful interaction with the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
The ECS regulates many vital functions within the body including; mood, appetite, sleep, hormone production, and even stress and immune system responses.
CBD has been shown to positively interact with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to maintain balance and promote good health.
Methods of consuming CBD
As we have explained, there are many effective ways to take CBD. We offer a wide selection of high quality CBD products, because we know everyone is unique.
This choice gives our customers flexibility so they can find a CBD product that is not only effective, but also fits into their lifestyle.
First up, CBD oil. CBD oil is probably the most popular way of consuming CBD. It is taken by placing drops under the tongue (Sublingual administration). CBD oils come in many strengths and variations, so it offers a wide choice when it comes to your dosing needs.
● CBD oil administered sublingually ensures quick absorption through the mucus glands. This means you able to experience the supportive CBD effects on health and general wellbeing.
● There is a lot more flexibility when dosing, using CBD oil, compared to some other methods.
● Oil is one of the most cost effective ways of consuming CBD.
● Some people struggle with the earthy taste of CBD oil, although this can be overcome by brushing your teeth beforehand or drinking a glass of water after.
● Those wishing to be discreet about their CBD intake when out in public may not find this method suitable.
We sell a wide selection of high quality, CO2 extracted, lab tested, full spectrum CBD oils. We offer many different strengths giving you flexibility with your dosing needs.
If you’re looking for a high quality, effective and affordable CBD oil, then look no further.
How to take CBD oil
CBD oil is simple to take and helps to support your overall health and well-being. Just place the desired amount under the tongue and hold there for 1-2 minutes before swallowing.
Capsules are probably the easiest way to add CBD to your life as a daily supplement.
Although, when you ingest CBD, it passes through the digestive system first and is metabolised by the liver, meaning it takes longer for the beneficial effects of CBD to noticed.
● CBD capsules are a comfortable and easy way to take CBD – they are tasteless, portable, discreet and easy to dose.
● If you struggle with the unique, earthy taste of CBD oil then capsules are a great option for you.
● The CBD dose is pre-measured, making capsules a convenient and easy-to-dose option.
● Although the effects tend to occur later, they also last longer. So, this solution works best for people who need a consistent dose of CBD throughout the day.
● The bioavailability of CBD is reduced when consumed orally as it goes through a process known as “first pass metabolism” – it first passes through your digestive system before circulating throughout the liver.
● CBD capsules are also, generally, a less cost effective option than CBD oil.
Our soft gel CBD capsules come in two strengths – 300mg and 750mg. They are rich in natural cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids and phytonutrients.
Because of their smooth contour and shape, soft gel capsules are very easy-to-swallow and they break down quickly in the stomach.
How to take CBD capsules
Taking CBD capsules couldn’t be easier – Just swallow with a glass of water. Suggested use: 1-2 capsules taken 1-3 times a day.
CBD E-liquids (vaping)
Vaping CBD is favoured by many as it offers a quick and efficient method of consuming CBD. During vaping, CBD enters your lungs and diffuses directly into your bloodstream.
Because it doesn’t have to make its way through the digestive system or liver, the CBD enters your circulation faster.
This means you can achieve the same beneficial effects with a much smaller amount of CBD. Vaping is also relaxing due to the deep inhales and exhales.
● With the CBD directly entering your bloodstream, the beneficial effects are felt very quickly.
● Less CBD is lost during vaping compared to the ingestion method. So the absorption rate (bioavailability) is a lot higher than for other methods like CBD oil and CBD capsules.
● Flavoured vape liquids make for a pleasant experience and many people find it a very relaxing way to consume CBD.
● Unlike other methods of taking CBD, you will need to buy equipment alongside your CBD E-liquid. Although, if you are already a vaper this is not an issue, as a standard vape pen is sufficient.
● Not everywhere allows vaping, so if you are looking to consume CBD at work, vaping may not be the option for you.
Our CBD E-Liquids come in a variety of strengths and flavours. They are extracted from certified organic hemp. Our natural CBD E-Liquids will give your body the boost it needs to find relief.
They are made with 99% pure CBD crystals and full spectrum cannabinoid rich hemp extract.
We also offer a super high concentrate full spectrum (85%) CBD wax crumble. It contains 850mg CBD in 1 gram along with a full spectrum of cannabinoids, terpenes and healthy fatty acids.
Or why not try our terpene infused CBD crystals (90% CBD, 10% terpenes). An exceptional quality CBD extract that's flavoursome and aromatic.
How to take CBD E-liquids
The amount you consume will depend on the strength of the CBD E-liquid you choose. Try vaping a few puffs, regularly throughout the day, and see how you feel.
CBD edibles are ideal for all the family and they taste great. They are a perfect choice for anyone that struggles with the taste of CBD oil.
● Edibles are a tasty, discreet and convenient way to take CBD.
● They contain a pre-measured dose which takes any guesswork out of CBD dosing.
● While it takes longer for CBD edibles to take effect (between 30 minutes to two hours), the effects last longer than methods like vaping. In fact, CBD edibles can last between two and four hours longer than inhaled CBD.
● As we have mentioned previously, CBD ingested orally has a lower absorption rate than other methods, so it can take longer to notice the benefits of CBD.
● CBD edibles are often a less cost effective way to consume CBD.
We offer a selection of CBD edibles; CBD gummies, chocolates and our innovative Calm Water.®
Our CBD infused gummy sweets contain 10mg of CBD each. They are a tasty way to add CBD to your diet and are free-from yeast, wheat, gluten, dairy, eggs, and peanuts.
They are laboratory tested for quality and consistency.
We also offer premium quality chocolates. Every 100g pack of our chocolate balls contains 40mg of CBD.
They are rich in a full spectrum of natural cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids and phytonutrients.
For a healthy CBD edibles experience why not try our Calm Water.® Each bottle contains 500ml of Natural Spring water infused with CBD hemp droplets (2mg).
How to take CBD edibles
The amount you consume will depend on the type and strength of edibles you choose. For example our CBD chocolate balls contain 10mg of CBD per 25 grams, while our CBD gummy sweets contain 10mg of CBD each.
CBD topical balms or salves
CBD topical salves offer another effective way to administer CBD. When CBD is applied topically, it is absorbed directly through the skin.
Cannabinoid receptors are located throughout the skin, the body’s largest organ, making CBD a potential therapy for a range of conditions. Because it is applied right on trouble areas, the CBD supports where it is needed the most.
● CBD topical salves can be applied directly to the area where they are needed. This allows for quick absorption and targeted relief.
● CBD salves also contain many other active therapeutic compounds that can work alongside CBD to increase the benefits you receive.
● CBD salves tend to contain lower amounts of CBD and are only really effective in the areas where they are applied.
● If you have multiple health conditions you wish to target, you may benefit from taking another form of CBD along with your CBD salve.
CBD body salve
Our body salve, which recently featured in the Metro, is made using only organic ingredients. It is a CBD-rich salve that creates a barrier to help skin feel protected and relieved as well as supporting overall health.
How to use CBD topical balms or salves
Apply a thin layer and massage thoroughly into affected areas of the skin. For external use only.
What is the best way to consume CBD?
Now you are aware of all the options available, you may be asking; What is the best way to consume CBD? Ultimately, there is no right or wrong answer to this question.
Each has their own advantages and disadvantages. The method you choose may have more to do with your lifestyle than bioavailability, and you may find a combination of methods most effective for your health needs.
We offer a wide range of CBD choices, so why not experiment and see what works for you.