Are you looking for an indulgent chocolatey treat infused with CBD goodness? If so, then we’ve got just the thing for you. There are plenty of brownie recipes out there, but none quite like this one. Eat these delicious CBD brownies after a workout to get a protein boost alongside your daily dose of CBD!
These CBD-infused Chocolate Protein Brownies, created by @macro.fit, are delicious, healthy, and allow you to access the range of wellness-promoting benefits of CBD. Check out his Instagram page for more healthy treats!
Are CBD Brownies Legal?
Yes! Cannabidiol (CBD) is legal in the UK, EU and US, meaning that our CBD brownies recipe is also perfectly legal.
CBD-Infused Chocolate Protein Brownie Recipe
- 220g Banana (Not overly ripe)
- 120g Smooth Honey
- 100g Natural Peanut Butter
- 40g Coconut Flour
- 40g Plain Flour
- 30g Whey Protein Chocolate Flavour
- 50mg Love Hemp CBD Chocolate Balls (in place of chocolate chips!)
- Optional: Oreo
- Firstly grab yourself a large bowl, fork and your favourite wooden spoon.
- In the large mixing bowl, add your banana and mash with your fork (you can pre-cut your banana to make this easier).
- Add in the remaining peanut butter/honey to the banana.
- Using your wooden spoon, fully mix until the ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Then gradually begin to add all of your dry ingredients (excluding the Love Hemp chocolate balls, we will be using these later) to your wet ingredients: your banana, honey and peanut butter mix.
- You shouldn’t need any additional liquid so be patient and continue to fold the mixture until everything has turned a deep, rich chocolatey brown colour.
- Once you're happy with the consistency, grab yourself a 9x9 brownie tin/baking pan and line with greaseproof or parchment paper.
- Spray the tin/baking pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully pour in your brownie mix in the prepared pan and sprinkle on the Love Hemp chocolate balls.
- Preheat the oven to 160-170° and place the tin into the middle of the oven. Bake the brownie batter for 13 minutes (this will vary depending on the size of the tin and heat of the oven).
- Check on the brownies regularly. You want the top to be cooked (the chocolate balls should be completely melted), whilst the insides need to be moist and a little gooey. A little trick: you will know the brownies are ready when a toothpick inserted into the centre of them comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and allow the CBD brownies to cool completely (wait for at least 10 minutes).
- Cut your CBD chocolate brownies into squares.
Calories (Per Slice) – 142
- Protein – 6g
- Carbohydrates – 18g
- Fats – 5g
Experimenting With Your CBD Brownie Recipe
Follow our recipe and we guarantee that you will produce delicious, fudgy brownies. At the same time, however, feel free to experiment! There are plenty of ways in which you can make CBD brownies and a variety of different CBD products that you can incorporate. For instance, simply add CBD oil to your chocolate mixture to create CBD brownies!
How much CBD oil you use in your own custom CBD brownie recipes is entirely up to you and dependent on your tolerance. Remember when adding CBD oil, however, that the Food Standard Agency (FSA) recommends that you do not exceed 70mg of CBD per day. You also have the choice of natural unflavoured CBD oil or flavoured CBD oil depending on what taste you are after. Our Love Hemp range of CBD oils includes cherry, orange, and peppermint flavoured oil.
Other ingredients that you could incorporate when making CBD brownies: CBD butter, pure vanilla extract, chocolate chips, dark chocolate, brown sugar, granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and so many more. Explore with other CBD recipe ideas and make CBD brownies with your own twist!
Important Things to Remember When Baking with CBD
- High temperatures can destroy the active compounds in CBD and cause the compound to evaporate. Ensure that your oven is set around 160-180°C, as that is the boiling point of CBD.
- When figuring out your desired dosage of CBD, remember to consider serving size. For example, if you want to make 10 brownies with 20mg of CBD in each, you will need to put 200mg of CBD into your mixture.
- CBD is highly sensitive to light and heat, so make sure that you store the CBD brownies in an airtight container.
If you're looking for more ways to incorporate CBD into recipes or interesting articles on CBD edibles more generally, we have a lot of content for you to digest! Check out our Guide to CBD Edibles and our Guide to Baking with CBD.